Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ultimate throwdown: the cat's out of the bag

Just in case you're not on Twitter, don't follow @thepioneerwoman, or for some reason don't know who Ree is, she finally made an important announcement following a significant Food Network commercial.


And now, the cat's out of the bag. I had the opportunity to be a part of this special day, and I cannot say thank you enough to Meseidy, who was asked by Ree personally to attend a mystery function at the Drummond Ranch and graciously invited me to tag along. It was so surreal to see the gorgeous rolling landscape of the Ranch, the gigantic kitchen at the Lodge, and the characters and flavors of this awesome blog up close and personal. Talk about knocking two things off the bucket list: Food Network + Ree Drummond!

I can't tell you who wins the challenge, but you can check out the deets about the show on the Food Network website. Be sure to tune in Wednesday, November 17 at 8 p.m. central. After that, I'll be sure to post a recap from an insider's perspective. What is Ree like in person? How does Food Network make it happen? Does all that butter really make a difference?

Okay, fine. I'll give you one tiny spoiler: Bobby Flay TOTALLY touched my shoulder. I cannot tell you how shocking it was when he appeared from out of nowhere and announced the Throwdown. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

PS: If for some reason, the questions I answered on camera make it to television, or, um, I am hypothetically captured on camera dancing -- just hypothetically -- please find my awkwardness endearing.

PPS: If you haven't previously heard of The Pioneer Woman, I love you, but please crawl out from beneath your rock and visit her website. Brush up on the basics, then watch Throwdown next Wednesday night!

4 comments:

  1. Umm...that is really cool...and I am also super jealous!! Wish I had cable so I could actually see it! Love you, LB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love the Pioneer Woman's site, and that will be cool to see her throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SOOOOO cool! Can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...