Saturday, October 2, 2010

letters from a morning run

letters inspired by my dear Emily at Today's Letters
her letters have made all the difference in my mornings. 
xoxo



Dear Fall, You've probably shaved a minute off of my time since you arrived with friendly breezes and gorgeous sunsets. Thanks for returning the love, LB

Dear Running Shoes, I think I'm starting to develop a little crush on you. Who would have known that going up a size would completely change the way my feet feel when I run? Plus you're just so dern cute! Same place and time tomorrow? LB

Dear Lungs, I'm so incredibly proud of you. Today during our long run, you didn't show the tiniest hints of distress. I'm thinking we need to thank us some cardio pilates for whipping you into shape. Please accept this fresh air as a token of my appreciation, LB

Dear Route, 5.99 miles? Really? I know you might as well be 6 miles, but seriously? Time for an extra lap around the block, LB


Dear Knee Straps, Come out, come out, wherever you are? I haven't seen you in almost two weeks and my knees really, really miss you. Where are you hiding? Not amused, LB


Dear Hanson/Jimmy Eat World/Anberlin/Nelly/Matchbook Romance/Sugar Ray/Nickel Creek/Temper Trap, Thank you for making my runs more bearable. Whether your beats push me up a rough hill or your cathartic lyrics make me feel like I'm flying, I couldn't do it without you. Viva la rundancing, LB


Dear JT, Thanks for being so supportive of my running efforts. I really like when you and Sampy ride up next to me in the car and honk and whistle. It kind of makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Hubba hubba, LB

2 comments:

  1. I love running to Nickel Creek, too! They're one of my very faves. And I actually love running to Hanson, too - never thought I'd say that out loud, but there it is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. valuable article! loved it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...