Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Thirteen


Because JT had a big day,
here he is as a kid



13 Manners and Rules My Mother Taught Me:

1) Always say "please" and "thank you."

2) When someone else answers the phone, say, "May I please speak with..." instead of, "Can I talk to..."

3) Three words: "It's 'Yes, Ma'am!'"

4) No calling people's houses after 8:00.

5) Say "bottom" and "poot" instead of "butt" and other unacceptable alternatives.

6) Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, always, and if you're coughing incessantly, leave the room lest you become the victim of a passive aggressive glare.

7) Never call boys. Under any circumstances.

8) Never ask if someone can come over or spend the night in front of that person.

9) Only 2 Oreos at a time. (That really set me up for failure haha)

10) (This isn't really a rule, but I got in trouble several times for continuing to talk and ignoring her minivan when she came to pick me up.)

11) Send thank you notes and other tokens of appreciation. (I wish I was better about this.)

12) Respond "Doing well," when someone asks how I'm doing instead of "Doing good." You don't know how much fun I had explaining that that was grammatically incorrect, though she didn't believe me until I had an English degree.

13) Always serve my husband's dinner plate and beverage. I only always do this at her house :)


What about you? Did you have any crazy rules or manners growing up? Are there rules or manners you wish would become laws?

1 comment:

  1. hehe :) I love this & I hope things went well for JT today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...