Saturday, April 25, 2009

lately

Last weekend, I ran a 5K and committed the cardinal sins of sanctioned races:

I did not eat before my race. I started off too fast. I looked behind me. BIG mistake.

It was a humbling experience as it was at my old high school, I knew two people and ran by myself, and I did not do too well! Buuuuut, the t-shirt is so cute that it was way worth it. And I got a good workout on a Saturday morning. My dad told me I was better than 99% of the people who didn't even try.

* * *

I discovered MckMama's blog this week. Her baby, Stellan, is in Boston Children's Hospital with some serious heart issues. Their story has developed quite a following, but I enjoyed reading about her life aside from Stellan's miracles. She makes her own baby food, cloth diapers her kids, and wears her babies in a sling. It's interesting, and I will definitely be implementing some of her cool blogging traditions! Praying for her family and Baby Stellan.

* * *

The Undomestic Kitchen is still under construction, but I have made great progress on it. You will have to search for my cherry cake I finally made in honor of our anniversary last weekend! It was so decadent and sinful that we are still eating at it.


* * *

My husband threw me a surprise anniversary party tonight at my parents' house. He planned this extravagant BBQ and pool party and talked my friends into deceiving me. My best friend ended up distracting me while he set everything up, and several of our friends asked me if they had given it away at various times. It was so much fun to have my friends in one place. ("remember when I told you about the girl with five kids? this is her! ohhhhh!") I truly have the best husband in the whole world!

* * *

The other night after work, we took a sunset walk and I snapped this gorgeous picture!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a MckMama fan, too! She is a great read and I am really praying for Stellan to be able to go home soon!

    The cake looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad told me I was better than 99% of the people who didn't even try. -Your dad is very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That cake looks delicious! I think I'll go track down the recipe on your cute cooking blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...