Saturday, April 25, 2009

Paula's Popovers

Yes, I realize that my popovers are a little obscenely deformed, but I have a solution! Make sure you remove the top rack in your oven because they will rise. Wrestling them out can be dangerous; that's how I got this burn, which is a nice pink scar now. These were a hit at my first married Thanksgiving; we eat them with hearty meals or for breakfast with some honey or jam. Or BUTTER, as the recipe's creator, Paula Deen, would have it!

Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Grease 12 large muffin tin cups or 12 custard cups. (My husband bought me a popover pan!) Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well. Add the milk, flour, and salt, and beat until just blended. Fill the muffin tin cups or custard cups 3/4 full with the batter. Place the pan on the center rack in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes without opening the oven door.

Serve the popovers hot with butter, jam, syrup, or honey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...