Wednesday, August 19, 2009

back!

My laptop is back from the dead. My dad's miracle IT guy was able to wipe what was hailed "the worst infection he'd ever seen," and saved my documents and even installed Office 2003 on my computer. (I hate Office 2007.) And to think I almost doubted his ability because he wasn't nearly as nerdy looking as his colleague. I definitely think I am bad about reverse discrimination!

In spite of having all of my carefully collected music files, fiction I've written, and pictures from every digital camera I've ever had, all carefully preserved in their respective folders, I was a little disappointed to discover that all of my recipes I'd bookmarked were gone. I don't think you can fully comprehend it. It was pretty magnificent -- probably in the 200s.

The thing is, I'd been meaning to categorize them by course, flavor, etc, whatever I felt like, but never got around to it. I'm thanking my lucky stars right about now or else there would have been much weeping and gnashing of teeth. But I realize I'm sitting pretty if I'm lamenting something as silly as a collection of web pages I can easily research again when I'm hankering for a particular nosh.

What did you miss this week while my computer was in an infested graveyard? My brother lasted all of a day and a half at college before my mom had to pick him up. They think he had swine flu, so my dad put him on the medicine and gave it to every other member of the family for prevention. I cooked some awesome dishes.

Oh, and remember the torture device disguised as a Pilates machine? (Or was it the other way around?) I can confirm it is, indeed, a torture machine. I've taken three rain-inducing, muscle-shaking classes to date, and I've decided that despite its outrageous price tag, I am going to join for a few months. Plus, I'm thinking I'm going semi-vegetarian, so goodbye pork and red meat for now -- at least until JT orders a spicy sausage plate at our favorite Italian restaurant.

It's true: I'm in the market for a lifestyle change. I need those every once in awhile to break the routine and keep myself guessing. Plus I'm starting to gain a little weight and I'd love to look really hot just in time for dark jeans and sleek fleece. I've been in the mode of wakeupworkerrandsworkoutcookeatTVbookbed, with JT intertwined a little bit in everything.

So look for a new and improved LB soon. I'm myself, but it's like I need to shed some layers and armor and be all that I can be. My birthday is next Monday and my favorite season is coming up, so I can't think of a better time than now!

2 comments:

  1. You should try "Delicious" It's an online bookmark system so you never lose your bookmarks ever again!...I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. I wish you loads of luck. I'm kind of in the middle of a life change. I agree with you...need those every once in awhile to break the routine and keep myself guessing.

    Sorry to hear about your brother possible swine flu. My sister goes to college this weekend. I hope she doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...