Thursday, July 16, 2009

peeves

Monday, I'm working late in anticipation of some time I'm taking off work. I text JT to ask if I should work late at home or in the office. Sometimes it's just better to get work done in front of the TV, I'm not going to lie. Anyway, no answer; his phone is dead. He signs on Google Chat at about 5:15 p.m. and I ask him the same. He informs me that Andrea Cherie's husband is coming over for dinner TONIGHT.

Um, what?

This has to be a horrible joke right? I mean, my kitchen is a mess, my chicken isn't thawed, and I have no quick cook fixes at home unless I want to serve The Our Traditional Home Queen's husband Ramen noodles. Seriously?

So I'm a little peeved, pack up my stuff, and press the elevator button repeatedly as if that will help the 'vator get there faster. You see, I work on the 48th floor and elevator riding has become a necessary evil for me. It finally arrives, except I discover it's going up -- and someone has lit all of the floors. I get off on 49 and press down. After five minutes, the second functional elevator arrives, and I discover the 'Vator Hater has lit all of the floors on the way down, as well. DOUBLE UGH. So I stop on floors 48, 47, 46, 45, 44, 43, 41, 40, 39, 38, and 37. Luckily our elevator bank only services those floors.

I finally get home, do a mad-dash clean and work out this miscommunication with JT. He insists that as Jason was texting his confirmation of Monday night, he showed me his phone. I will give him the benefit of the doubt THIS time. I picked up Papa Murphy's pizza (and JT texts me he wants a DIFFERENT pizza than the one I've picked just as they are finishing the order.) and the first pizza finishes baking just as Jason's arriving. Luckily, I have supplies to make angel food cakes with cool whip and fresh strawberries! He also eats some of the cookie dough I bought from Papa Murphy's! It ended up being lots of fun. I beat them in Triominoes and Jason and JT ended up talking until after I went to bed.

Moving on, Tuesday night I experienced my eighth nerd movie premiere. Yes, I went to see Harry Potter 6 at midnight after long months of waiting. I packed up Darla, LJ, and my brother and onward we marched (after I bought LJ a Harry tee from Hot Topic because I was too ashamed to be seen with her preppy work attire teehee). Last time, Darla and I arrived at the theater four hours ahead of time for HP5, but decided we'd just get there 2 hours ahead of time and settled at the end of a very long line.

At about 11:15, a theater employee informed us they'd opened two more auditoriums, so we got seated before all of the others in line. We found nice seats in the back row with a perfect view -- except we discovered we were seated next to a Barf Chair and laughed until we cried at the people who thought they were finding the coveted two seats together, dry heaved at the chair, and then snubbed it anyway. It was finally taken by a teen who'd saved the seat for his mom, but made the sacrifice so she didn't make him move to the front row.

The movie was great! It strayed from the books quite a bit, but it was my favorite of the lot. Go see it! The best part was taking the morning off from work and spending it with my best friend. We slept in until 10, I went for a run and picked up Subway, and we watched The Little Couple until it was time for me to go to work. SO fun!

2 comments:

  1. Aww sweet husbands! I've had a few of those "I invited So-and-So over for dinner, I was sure you've got something to make right?" I promise I am on the same plane as you there when my panic button goes off!

    I haven't gotten to talk to Jason too much, but he did say he really enjoyed his time at your house last week! Thanks for taking an evening to spend time with him while I was away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see it tomorrow. I am so excited! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I was going to ask for your review. Currently, I'm rereading the book b/c it's been years since I've read the book. It's slowly all coming back to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...