Saturday, January 3, 2009

resolutions and updates

It's been awhile since I've posted anything of consequence. And the sad part is, I always think of stuff I want to blog about, but it seems that time escapes me. It must be that the amount of fun and excitement in one's life is directly proportional to not having time to blog about it.

I've been working a lot. October through January is pretty much the worst time to be on the other end of the book business because everyone wants a holiday release. Luckily, I see a clearing! On the other hand, JT's company stopped letting him roll over vacation time, so he had to burn 4 weeks' worth the month of December. Let's just say I have been very green with envy about that.

Also, I sort of stumbled across Twilight. I didn't mean to. My brother started reading it, of all people, and then a friend left it on my doorstep. So once I started, I was more annoyed by it than anything. I wanted to know what happened at the end, but the author really could have crammed everything she did into about two books. I was pretty pleased with it, even if I was kind of finagled into it!

Christmas went well. We spent time with his family and my family and gave and got some cool things. JT got me a new car radio! My old one would spit out CDs if I tried to switch to the next track or if my car hit a significant bump.

And suddenly it was New Year's! I hadn't even thought about my resolutions until yesterday.

I decided to go for a run. It was 60 degrees with a perfect breeze, I had my contacts on, my Truffle Shuffle was full of great new music: all of my OCD running requirements were met for once.

When I made it onto the main street strip near my house, a car stopped in front of me, and a young teenager runs out of the car and launches three stink bombs so they pop right when I run past them. I tried to breathe through my mouth, but I could taste them for about 1/4th of a mile. Gross.

So this is what I came up with resolution-wise:

1) better time management and organization in general: keep a planner and stick to it!
2) keep a writing journal and write something once a day
3) make dinner at least 3 times a week (and eat more fish)
4) try ballet, vegetarian cooking, making diaper cakes, growing my own herbs, playing the piano, and anything else that I've never done and always wanted to do
5) spend more time in worship
6) run a marathon?: a friend is running a marathon, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. am I really ready for constant shin splints, ravenous hunger, constant morning fights with my running shoes in the morning? I will think about it. this video will help:

2 comments:

  1. awwwww i LOVE that video!! keep thinking about it! i know its a leap, but if you start now, we've got plenty of time! just a thought.... and yes, ive never heard of diaper cakes?? please enlighten me wont you?? lol....anyways, i hope you both are doing so well! i'll try and call you tomorrow, its been forever it seems! love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...