Sunday, December 5, 2010

a moment

I went to see my best friend LJ this weekend. She lives in Arkansas, just a little over an hour's drive away. But we still hadn't seen each other since September, before she got engaged. What can we say? We're busy girls. Luckily, we can always pick right back up where we left off, and talk via phone, email, and sometimes by video skype a few times a week.

Let me give you a glimpse of how special our friendship is: we both came away from this weekend completely recharged, and all it took was a day of doing absolutely nothing together. After going to a play and Logan's on Friday night, we watched season one of Glee in bed all day on Saturday, except for one Sonic run (and, by the way, we ordered almost the exact same thing without knowing). I'm convinced we were made for each other.

But that's not all this post is about.

On my drive home Saturday evening, I was listening to one of my favorite songs (you can find the video below), and singing along as best as I could in my flu recovery mode, and at about 4:48 into the song, at the perfect moment, this brilliant sunset erupted across the sky.

This picture was taken by my iPhone, but unedited in any way. 

Anyway, I started crying.

I don't cry very often. But I'm truly convinced it was the Holy Spirit, the part of God I believe fills us, brings us peace and comfort and joy and hope, and even convicts us when we need it. I just needed a moment with him.

Here's the song for your listening pleasure this Sunday morning. It's wonderful!





Have you ever had a moment like this? What inspires you?

3 comments:

  1. I love this song... The perfect thing to listen to as I finished up some yoga. You made my sunday morning!
    keep shining!
    love,
    cathy b. @ brightbakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. His kindness, mercy, goodness...His fruits lead us to Him. Who would not want more of that? God is the only place to truly get these things..after all, He is the source of all things good. He is love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were made for each other. So very blessed to have you in my life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...