Highlights of 2009:
- Seeing my enthusiastic husband on The Today Show in February. Click here. You gotta see it! Pay attention to the woman next to him when she pushes him.
- Giving up sugar and white flour for Lent
- Our one year anniversary and this awesome cake I made to celebrate it and the end of Lent.
- Solo trips to NWA/Southlake/Dallas and Kansas City to see my dear friends I love so much.
- Midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince with great friends.
- South Padre with JT and my family in late July
- Joining my pilates studio in August. It's been great!
- Hillsong United concert in August
- The fall leaves, maybe the prettiest they've ever been.
- Longhorns football! My Texas team went undefeated in the regular season and will play Alabama in the national championship in less than two weeks!
- Our awesome ten-day cruise in November
- Not Me Mondays! on the blog
- Going to see Wicked!! (September, I think!)
- Taking evening walks in the neighborhood with JT when the weather is right
- My brother's miracle on December 8.
- With Everything - Hillsong United (My song of year 24 and 2009!)
- My Running Mix
- I Am Yours - Enter the Worship Circle
- Doubting Thomas - Stephen Speaks
- Only You - Joshua Radin
- One Time - Justin Bieber
- Broken - Lifehouse
- If I Can't Love Her - Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
- Should You Return - Copeland
- Revelation Song - Kari Jobe
- Tear Down the Walls - Hillsong United
- The Fox - Nickel Creek
- Fireflies - Owl City
- Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun - Debussy
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine
Favorite Movies of 2009:
- Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
- Julie & Julia
- The Blind Side
- The Time Traveler's Wife
- The Proposal
- Sherlock Holmes
- Star Trek
- The Soul-Mate Marriage - Dr. David and Lisa Frisbie
- Sacred Influence - Foster
- Wicked - Maguire
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Shaffer/Barrows
- The Time Traveler's Wife - Niffenegger
- My Sister's Keeper - Picoult
- A Little Help from My Friends - Dayton/Vanderbilt (LOVE YOU, ANNE AND MAY!)
- The Whitney Chronicles - Baer
- Twilight Series - Meyer
- The Four Loves - C.S. Lewis (still in progress, but I do love it!)
- The Importance of Being Foolish - Manning
- Miss Invisible - Walker
- Reconstructing Natalie - Walker
- Perfecting Kate - Leigh
- Breakfast Croissant - The Crusty Croissant - Tulsa, OK
- Salsa - Christina's - Southlake, TX
- Sushi Nirvana - In the Raw - Tulsa, OK
- Berry Limeade - The Crusty Croissant - Tulsa, OK
- Chicken Soup - Carabba's - Tulsa, OK
- White chocolate raspberry cheesecake - Olive Garden
- Firecracker Shrimp - Fish Daddy's - Tulsa, OK
- Chicken Soup and Spring Rolls - Ri Le's - Tulsa, OK
- Soy with Strawberry - Ri Le's
- French onion soup - Stonehorse Cafe - Utica Square
- Everything on our cruise - Celebrity Millennium - South Caribbean
- Rachael Ray's Lemon Chicken
- Chocolate shake - Chic-fil-A - It's that good!
10 Resolutions to make 2010 the best year yet...
- Write a letter everyday. Send a letter (in the mail) every week.
- Be more intentional about how I spend my time
- Start each morning off with the Word.
- Keep my house clean
- Get back into running. 2009 was a weird year for it, but I'm ready to be back!
- Drink more water
- Have people over more
- One of my resolutions last year was to keep a writing journal, and I want to do that more this year!
- Exercise my creative bug, especially to benefit other people
- Plan and keep a budget
Here's to 2010!!
(and the last couple days to celebrate 2009!)