Sunday, December 27, 2009





Highlights of 2009:
  1. Seeing my enthusiastic husband on The Today Show in February. Click here. You gotta see it! Pay attention to the woman next to him when she pushes him.
  2. Giving up sugar and white flour for Lent
  3. Our one year anniversary and this awesome cake I made to celebrate it and the end of Lent.
  4. Solo trips to NWA/Southlake/Dallas and Kansas City to see my dear friends I love so much.
  5. Midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince with great friends.
  6. South Padre with JT and my family in late July
  7. Joining my pilates studio in August. It's been great!
  8. Hillsong United concert in August
  9. The fall leaves, maybe the prettiest they've ever been.
  10. Longhorns football! My Texas team went undefeated in the regular season and will play Alabama in the national championship in less than two weeks!
  11. Our awesome ten-day cruise in November
  12. Not Me Mondays! on the blog
  13. Going to see Wicked!! (September, I think!)
  14. Taking evening walks in the neighborhood with JT when the weather is right
  15. My brother's miracle on December 8.
Music that will forever remind me of this year:
  1. With Everything - Hillsong United (My song of year 24 and 2009!)
  2. My Running Mix
  3. I Am Yours - Enter the Worship Circle
  4. Doubting Thomas - Stephen Speaks
  5. Only You - Joshua Radin
  6. One Time - Justin Bieber
  7. Broken - Lifehouse
  8. If I Can't Love Her - Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
  9. Should You Return - Copeland
  10. Revelation Song - Kari Jobe
  11. Tear Down the Walls - Hillsong United
  12. The Fox - Nickel Creek
  13. Fireflies - Owl City
  14. Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun - Debussy
  15. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine
Favorite Movies of 2009:
  1. Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince 
  2. Julie & Julia
  3. The Blind Side
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife
  5. Avatar
  6. The Proposal
  7. Sherlock Holmes
  8. Star Trek
  9. Wolverine
  10. UP!!!!!!!!
Favorite Books I Read in 2009:
  1. The Soul-Mate Marriage - Dr. David and Lisa Frisbie
  2. Sacred Influence - Foster
  3. Wicked - Maguire
  4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Shaffer/Barrows
  5. The Time Traveler's Wife - Niffenegger
  6. My Sister's Keeper - Picoult
  7. A Little Help from My Friends - Dayton/Vanderbilt (LOVE YOU, ANNE AND MAY!)
  8. The Whitney Chronicles - Baer
  9. Twilight Series - Meyer
  10. The Four Loves - C.S. Lewis (still in progress, but I do love it!)
  11. The Importance of Being Foolish - Manning
  12. Miss Invisible - Walker
  13. Reconstructing Natalie - Walker
  14. Perfecting Kate - Leigh
Favorite Eats:
  1. Breakfast Croissant - The Crusty Croissant - Tulsa, OK
  2. Salsa - Christina's - Southlake, TX
  3. Sushi Nirvana - In the Raw - Tulsa, OK
  4. Berry Limeade - The Crusty Croissant - Tulsa, OK
  5. Chicken Soup - Carabba's - Tulsa, OK
  6. White chocolate raspberry cheesecake - Olive Garden
  7. Firecracker Shrimp - Fish Daddy's - Tulsa, OK
  8. Chicken Soup and Spring Rolls - Ri Le's - Tulsa, OK
  9. Soy with Strawberry - Ri Le's
  10. French onion soup - Stonehorse Cafe - Utica Square
  11. Everything on our cruise - Celebrity Millennium - South Caribbean
  12. Rachael Ray's Lemon Chicken
  13. Chocolate shake - Chic-fil-A - It's that good!
Favorite Websites of 2009:

http://nieniedialogues.com/
http://crateandbarrel.com
http://bakerella.com
http://youversion.com
http://anneandmay.com
http://thepioneerwoman.com
http://shape.com
http://mckmama.com

10 Resolutions to make 2010 the best year yet...

  1. Write a letter everyday. Send a letter (in the mail) every week.
  2. Be more intentional about how I spend my time
  3. Start each morning off with the Word.
  4. Keep my house clean
  5. Get back into running. 2009 was a weird year for it, but I'm ready to be back!
  6. Drink more water
  7. Have people over more
  8. One of my resolutions last year was to keep a writing journal, and I want to do that more this year!
  9. Exercise my creative bug, especially to benefit other people
  10. Plan and keep a budget
Here's to 2010!!
(and the last couple days to celebrate 2009!)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I might steal this.
    I wanted to see Sherlock Holmes, but my mom heard it wasn't good. We went to see It's Complicated. It's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...